Leadership in Federal Facilities Asset Management Forum Agenda
0730 – Registration Opens
0830 – Welcome / Opening Remarks – Jack Dempsey, Senior Fellow Asset Leadership Network and Master of Ceremonies. Cameron Oskvig, Director Federal Facilities Council and Board on Infrastructure and the Constructed Environment, and Mr Jim Dieter, Executive Director, Asset Leadership Network
0840 – Opening Speakers – Setting the Stage: Mr Daniel Mathews, Commissioner, GSA Public Buildings Service (Invited) and Mr. Alexander Kurien, Deputy Associate Administrator, GSA Office of US Government-Wide Policy & Executive Director, Federal Real Property Council (Confirmed)
0920 – International Perspective – Mr. Rhys Davies (UK), Chair ISO Technical Committee 251 – Asset Management (Confirmed)
0950 – National Research Council Study – Business Case for the Sustainment of Federal Facilities – Mr. Michael Aimone, Study Chair, and recent Chief of Business Systems and Information in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense – Energy, Installations & Environment (Confirmed)
1000 – Break
1015 – GAO Presentation on Recent Facility/Real Property Asset Management Studies: Ms. Amelia Shachoy and Mr. Michael Armes, both Assistant Directors at the US Government Accountability Office (Confirmed)
1045 – Facility Asset Management Journey Panel
- Mr Marc Vandeveer, Chief Innovation Officer, US Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, (Confirmed)
- Mr Skip Vann, Chief Facilities Management Officer, National Institute of Standards and Technology (Confirmed)
- Captain Nate Price, Chief Facilities Enterprise, Defense Health Agency (Confirmed)
- Captain Patrick Dugan, Chief Civil Engineer, US Coast Guard (Confirmed)
1130 – Lunch
1245 – Keynote: Management Reforms at OSD EI&E: Mr. Tad Davis, Director, Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, State Department (Confirmed)
1315 – Executive Leadership Panel
- Carla Coulson, Deputy Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management, US Army Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management, (Confirmed)
- Richard Hartley, Acting Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Energy (Invited)
- James Balocki, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy – Installations and Facilities (Invited)
- Todd Calhoun, Executive Director of Marine Corps Installations Command (Confirmed)
1415 – Break
1430 – Facility Asset Management Analytics Panel
- Mr Chris Coneeney, GSA Office of Government-Wide Policy, Acting Director for Real Property Policy Division and Federal Real Property Profile Program Manager (Invited)
- Mr Jim Whittaker, Director, Jones Lang Lasalle, (Confirmed)
- Mr Lance Marrano, Director, Sustainment Management System (SMS), USACE Engineering R&D Center (Confirmed)
- Mr Peter Lufkin, founder of Whitestone Research, now part of CBRE Analytics, (Invited)
1515 – Senior Real Property Officer Panel
- Bob Coffman, Senior Real Property Officer Department of Defense Department of Defense (Confirmed)
- Scott Whiteford Senior Real Property Officer Department of Energy (Invited)
- Mr Tom Chaleki, Senior Real Property Officer Department of Homeland Security (Confirmed)
- Calvin Williams, Senior Real Property Officer NASA (Confirned)
1600 – Closing Remarks – Mr. Jack Dempsey, Senior Fellow Asset Leadership Network
There are four panels planned for the forum.
An outline of their objectives and format are as follows:
- Lighting Round Formats, each speaker will have approximately 8 minutes to present their materials except for the Executive Leadership Panel where speakers will have approximately 12 minutes to speak
- After each panel, 8 to 10 minutes will be reserved for the audience to ask questions of the panel.
- If a scheduled speaker is unable to attend, time will be adjusted providing some additional time for each speaker
- There will be a moderator for each panel, and speakers will be invited to introduce themselves.
- Audio-visual capabilities are available, if possible please provide materials electronical in advance by November 12th. Send versions to Cameron Oskvig at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jack Dempsey at email@example.com.
Facility Asset Management Journey Panel
- Speakers are invited to share how they are applying asset management principles and capabilities to better achieve organizational objectives.
Executive Leadership Panel
- Speakers are invited to share their organization’s vision and strategy applying asset management principles to better achieve organizational objectives.
Facility Asset Management Analytics Panel
- Speakers are invited to share their perspective on how the achievement of asset management objectives can be supported through analytical methods and data.
Senior Real Property Officer Panel
- Speakers are invited to share how their organizations are applying asset management principles to better achieve Federal facility policy and mandates.